Top tip: If your ‘all-powerful god’ needs *you* to kill the heathens for him, he’s maybe not such an all-powerful god…
- Are plants sentient? A new book says yes.
- The curious case of the ‘bog bodies’.
- Ancient Hebrew inscriptions baffle Israeli archaeologists.
- Do you really need a brain?
- The magical Battle of Britain in World War II.
- Ghosthunters say to see is to believe.
- Can this Spiritualist medium really talk to the dead?
- Does the Kabbalah offer important lessons to modern neuroscience?
- Break out your 80s Goth records: it’s official, the Universe is slowly dying.
- Peanut-shaped asteroid zooms past the Earth in incredible video.
- Cruise over the anomalous bright spots and pyramid-mountains of dwarf planet Ceres.
- Earth will only have 12 hours to prepare for a devastating solar storm.
- Music may one day help treat epilepsy.
- The most electric place on Earth.
- Image of the Day: Meteors, from above.
Quote of the Day:
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.