- Elon Musk, Steve Wozniak, Stephen Hawking and 1000 researchers urge ban on AI and autonomous weapons.
- Mystery over strange synchronisation of pendulum clocks may be solved.
- Quantum of solace: information can be rescued from a black hole.
- NASA estimates there are 1 billion ‘Earths’ in our galaxy alone.
- Should we try to make contact with aliens? A debate between science fiction author David Brin, and UFO pundit Nick Pope.
- China begins to assemble a mega-radio telescope with a dish the size of 30 football grounds.
- Hunt for alien life on Jupiter begins.
- Satanic Temple unveils statue of Baphomet in Detroit.
- Discovery in Israel pushes back dawn of agriculture to 23,000 years ago – 11,000 years earlier than thought.
- Myth of pristine Amazon rainforest busted as old cities reappear from the jungle.
- Mammoths were killed by abrupt climate change.
- Don’t freak out over the
3-eyed fishfunky flowers found near Fukushima.
- Animal telepathy controversy – did a leading skeptic really debunk a ‘psychic pet’?
- LSD opera.
- I hid Illuminati symbols in broadcast news graphics because I was bored.
- Professor claims three scientists investigating Arctic ice may have been assassinated.
- Creepy slow-waving clown in Chicago cemetery caught on camera.
- Nepal quake forced ‘living goddess’ to break decades of seclusion.
- Image of the Day: Visions of the future past.
Quote of the Day:
If you’re not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.