Mic check – say g’day in the comments if you’re a regular reader!
- NASA’s New Horizons discovers frozen plains in Pluto’s ‘heart’.
- And the Pluto conspiracy theories begin!
- ‘Platinum’ asteroid potentially worth $5.4 trillion currently flying by the Earth.
- Academics sign open letter urging UK government to reconsider their proposed Psychoactive Substances Bill.
- Study reports on the effects of galantamine on lucid dreaming.
- 2000 small gold spirals from Bronze Age Denmark are a mystery to archaeologists.
- American Antiquity discusses fringe history theories in latest journal release.
- Who rests in Yeats’s grave? Documents show French diplomat recommended sending a fake skeleton back to Ireland.
- Is the Loch Ness Monster a giant catfish?
- Here comes Santa, the sexy shaman.
- What’s behind our fascination with the Ouija Board?
- San Francisco techies are hiring this Wiccan witch to protect their computers from viruses and offices from evil spirits.
- This robot just passed a rudimentary self-awareness test.
- Image(s) of the Day: This is what music would look like if we could see it.
Quote of the Day:
The web was not envisioned as a form of television when it was invented. But, like it or not, it is rapidly resembling TV: linear, passive, programmed and inward-looking.
Hossein Derakhshan (“The Web We Have to Save“)