If it felt like a long day at work, then you probably live in the northern hemisphere…
- Thousands of pagans, druids and hippies descend on Stonehenge for this year’s Summer Solstice.
- Pope Francis prays before the Turin Shroud.
- Indian Prime Minister leads International Day of Yoga.
- Single-celled organism has an eye.
- Einstein kills Schrödinger’s cat: Relativity ruins the quantum world.
- Wormholes might be linked by quantum entanglement.
- NASA spies 3-mile-tall ‘pyramid’ on Ceres, to go with its mysterious bright spots.
- Autopsy carried out on the remains of perfectly preserved puppy from 10,000BCE.
- Islamic State (IS) militants reported to have planted landmines and explosives around the ancient Palmyra ruins.
- Answer to a 150-year-old math conundrum brings more mystery.
- U.S. study finds that Earth is ‘entering new extinction phase‘, and humans could be among the first casualties.
- Journey into the paranormal.
- Comic great Jack Kirby’s legendary ‘Lord of Light’ artwork…in psychedelic colour.
- Neil Gaiman’s American Gods headed to TV.
- Image(s) of the Day: 10 winning images of the night sky.
Quote of the Day:
Bush v. Clinton for Prez. Jurassic Park, Terminator, & Star Wars in theaters. Believers in 6K year old Earth. Our timeline is broken.