Surest cure to Monday-itis is the Daily Grail news briefs. Self-medicate at your leisure…
- Amputees often experience ‘phantom limbs’. Those who have lost eyes also experience ‘phantom eyes’…but also actually see phantoms.
- Childhood hallucinations are surprisingly common – but why?
- Five scientific discoveries made in dreams.
- The Charlie Charlie challenge was a viral marketing campaign for a new movie.
- Chinese surgeon has performed over 1000 head transplants on mice, and eventually wants to perform the procedure on a human. Minor note: over 1000 mice haven’t lived longer than a day after the surgery.
- Forget space-time: information may create the universe.
- Demons and the Defense Department.
- Fringe nuclear fusion research ventures take small steps toward energy leap.
- Mysterious worm-like creature causes panic in Taiwan.
- Talk about backdooring! Surfers’ rectums being studied for insights into ‘superbug’.
- Ever had a personal encounter with God after taking a psychedelic? These guys want to talk to you.
- Hacker can send fatal dose to hospital drug pumps.
- New theory put forward to explain the Higgs mass.
- Britain’s Astronomer Royal says if we do find aliens, they will likely be machines.
- Earthquake-predicting‘ oarfish washes ashore near Los Angeles – the fifth to be found on the West Coast in the past year. Learn to swim?
Quote of the Day:
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.