- Comet which hit Antarctica 13,000 years ago ‘wiped out advanced civilisation’, says author Graham Hancock.
- Dying trees can send food to neighbours of different species via ‘wood-wide web’.
- Those mythological men and their sacred, supersonic flying temples – what tales of ancient Vedic aircraft tell us about India’s place in the modern world.
- The alien mummy: the oldest hoax in UFO history.
- David Lynch signs back on to the new Twin Peaks series after salary dispute.
- Mad Men creator clarifies that character Don is not D.B. Cooper.
- Artificial intelligence experts are building the world’s angriest robot. Nope, can’t see any way in which that could go wrong, not at all.
- Cosmology has been on a long, hot streak, racking up one imaginative and scientific triumph after another. But is it over?
- The mythological and symbolic motifs in Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Lovelock Cave: A tale of giants, or a giant of a tale?
- DARPA: Brainstorm on a 100X zoom lens for seeing distant space objects more clearly.
- Secret files show that British police feared Trekkies and X-Files fans might turn on society.
- Ghetto tarot.
- Image of the Day: Contradictions of the Holy Bible, on a clickable graph.
Quote of the Day:
Sometimes you never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.