- Giant Easter Island ‘hats’ were rolled into place, new study suggests.
- Stonehenge’s tallest stone points at the winter sunrise.
- Hunting for Templar treasure at the legendary Oak Island.
- ‘A God that could be real‘ in the scientific sense.
- Islamic State bans archaeology due to fears of idol worship. Also: because they’re stupid wankers.
- ‘Art of Dying’ Conference explores spiritual and scientific approaches to dying.
- These radical undertakers want to reinvent funerals, for the better.
- Relax 1-D fans – Stephen Hawking says that the band is still together (in a parallel dimension).
- A theory of precognition.
- Why the future of religion is bleak.
- Baby born in India with eight limbs touted as reincarnated god.
- The fact and fiction of head transplants (or is that body transplants?).
- Not enough Martian anomalies for you yet? Add the Martian bison to your list.
- Hey even the Russians see animals on other planets – remember that time one of their planetary scientists found scorpions on Venus?
- Hiker photographs giant cloud god after Chilean volcano.
- Image(s) of the Day: Rosetta captures stunning new images of comet’s surface and activity.
Quote of the Day:
Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities — the political, the religious, the educational authorities — who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing — forming in our minds — their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.