- Large quantities of liquid mercury discovered in sealed tunnel beneath a pre-Aztec pyramid – a strange echo of the Chinese pyramids?
- Before Columbus, was there trade between Asia and the New World?
- Former head of Egyptian antiquities Dr Zahi Hawass goes into meltdown before debate with Graham Hancock.
- Stone Age man ate mushrooms at least 19,000 years ago.
- 5000-year-old skeletons to offer insights into the mysterious Harrapan civilisation of the Indus Valley.
- Archaeological vandalism, one stone at a time.
- Project Elysium wants to use VR to revive deceased loved ones.
- Is LSD about to return to polite society?
- Does space-time owe its existence to quantum entanglement?
- NASA beefs up its team of alien hunters. Y’know, just in case…
- Governments are hiding aliens, says former Canadian defence minister.
- Mummified moggy mystery: was this dead cat bricked into a wall 200 years ago to ward off witches?
- Rare oarfish, stuff of sea monster legend (and earthquake-prophecy folklore), washes up in New Zealand (a week before Nepal earthquake).
- Can the dead make contact from the world beyond?
- French architects propose to build a vertical city in the Sahara desert.
- Image of the Day: Medieval manuscript shows ladies harvesting a penis tree. Looked like it was a huge crop that year too…
Quote of the Day:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.
Martin Luther King