You get the feeling that Islamic State militants are just attention-seeking brats who have mummy issues?
- Islamic State militants reportedly bulldoze ancient city of Nimrud. And Hatra. And Khorsabad. And destroy artefacts in Mosul museum. Are Libya’s treasures next?
- New fossil finds suggest human family is much older than previously thought.
- The search for Genghis Khan’s hidden tomb.
- Impressive tomb of Celtic prince found in France. Obviously would have been the loser if he played hide and seek with Genghis Khan.
- Is this the home of Jesus Christ? Lack of a wine rack a telling feature?
- Did the colour blue not exist before 2500 BCE?
- Ancient ‘Blue’ Mars lost an entire ocean to space. So blue was on Mars, then it came to Earth in 2500 BC, right?
- Do animals have consciousness? A positive answer to that question has huge ramifications.
- Study finds that psychedelic drug use ‘does not increase risk for mental health problems’.
- Anti-science advocates are freaking out about Google’s truth ranking.
- The Vatican says it has received a ransom demand for the return of a stolen letter by Renaissance artist Michelangelo.
- LSD researchers are crowdfunding the first images of the brain on acid. And have already raised £15,000 more than their goal. So not much interest in that then…
- This is what it is like to die – and it’s pretty scary. Pretty much a hack job of a story we covered 6 months ago.
- Four-year Bigfoot research project in Oklahoma yields intriguing and unexplained results.
- When things happen that you can’t explain.
- Video of the Day: Give it up, you’ll never kick butt with the style of 1930s Jiu Jitsu exponent May Whitley.
Quote of the Day:
Experience is not what happens to you; it’s what you do with what happens to you.