Happy Xmas to all, and to all a good night!
- Crowds gather for the winter solstice at Stonehenge.
- The amazing sky calendar that the ancients used to track the seasons.
- The truly ancient astronomical mythology of Australia’s indigenous people.
- 13,800-year-old archaeological site found underwater in Canada.
- Viking women were most certainly not stay-at-home moms.
- Archaeologists are excavating a synagogue where Jesus likely preached.
- Ten pseudo-historians and their bizarre theories. Trigger warning!
- The mysteries of the Tombs of the Giants.
- Elongated skulls are not a mystery.
- Some people not only share their life but their moment of death with loved ones. Are these ‘shared-death experiences‘ real or a mirage?
- Highly unlikely events happen all the time. But can we summon them at will?
- The five worst ghosts of 2014.
- Why ghosts haunt England at Christmas but steer clear of America.
- This neuroscientist is trying to upload his entire brain to a computer.
- Ray Kurzweil says don’t listen to Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk about artificial intelligence.
- There’s a serious proposal to send astronauts to a floating cloud city in Venus’s atmosphere before heading to Mars.
- Quantum physics just got less complicated.
- Working toward a warp drive: man aims to bend fabric of space in his home garage lab.
- Mathematicians make a major discovery about prime numbers.
- Heroic monkey saves friend after near-electrocution.
Quote of the Day:
Christmas is not a time nor a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy is to have the real spirit of Christmas.