We found this minion of Cthulhu on the beach on the weekend. R’lyeh is rising my friends, stay safe…
- The controversial afterlife of King Tut.
- Buried Polish ‘vampires’ were likely affected by cholera.
- The headless Vikings of Dorset.
- Magicians stage effort to restore Houdini’s grave.
- New interactive map of Cambodia’s must-see temples released. And of course, there’s this too.
- Spacecraft bound for Pluto prepares for its close encounter.
- Gravity is not evenly distributed on Earth. Which totally explains my weight gain lately… *ahem*
- Researchers find probable biological traces in Martian meteorite.
- Demystifying the paranormal: Dr. Barry Taff unravels the ‘Poltergeist’ mystery.
- Learn more about parapsychology in this free massively open online course (MOOC).
- The mysterious black mountain of Queensland.
- Solving the Tjipetir mystery: Why are rubber-like blocks washing up on beaches?
- Photographer captures moment a shark jumps out of the water during a surf contest.
- Swarms of insects and birds behave in very similar ways to a realm of physics in which the phases of matter — solids, liquids, and gases — cease to exist.
- Girl accused of ‘Slenderman stabbing’ still believes in him, says her lawyer.
- Image of the Day: Proud parents announce the birth of a 19-year-old son.
Quote of the Day:
[T]he void left by the collapse of traditional religious cosmology cannot be filled by the marvellous narrative that science unfurls. Despite its truths and wonder, this narrative remains too allied to the view of things from without to easily bond with the atrophied but vital experience of things from within.