- Uncovering the secrets of the Phaistos disc.
- Lost civilisation constructed massive Siberian geoglyph around 6000 years ago.
- Peru to map buried Inca capital of Cusco.
- Were water features a key part of Teotihuacan?
- DNA from a 36,000-year-old fossil confirms human-Neanderthal interbreeding.
- First Europeans survived the Ice Age.
- Four amazing mummified animals that didn’t do as well as the First Europeans.
- New Zealand’s moa became extinct by the time the country’s human population had grown to just 2500.
- British Museum releases scans of artefacts to let you 3D print your own historic treasures at home.
- While the European Space Agency wants to 3D print a Moon base. You only get to print that at home if you can hold your breath for a long time…
- Missed by *that* much. X-class solar flare causes radio blackouts, though a more direct hit would have much worse consequences.
- Life may thrive under starless skies.
- Okay, which idiot is teaching our future robot overlords how to fight with katana?
- One of the world’s leading physicists has a new theory of reality.
- What if dark matter is actually a vast electric field?
- New face discovered on Mars. And we shall name it pareidolia!
- Venezuela’s everlasting lightning storm enters the record books.
- ’Ghostly presence’ created in the lab.
- Image of the Day: Photographer captures Northern Lights, Milky Way and an erupting volcano…in ONE photo.
Quote of the Day:
It seems to me what is called for is an exquisite balance between two conflicting needs: the most skeptical scrutiny of all hypotheses that are served up to us and at the same time a great openness to new ideas … If you are only skeptical, then no new ideas make it through to you … On the other hand, if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense in you, then you cannot distinguish the useful ideas from the worthless ones.