- France has a dedicated state-run team of UFO hunters.
- Marijuana: gateway drug to the White House.
- Death isn’t scary if you’ve had a near-death experience.
- Hopi prophecy and the end of the world. Part two here.
- Did Bach’s wife compose some of his masterpieces.
- Examining SETI assumptions.
- The threat of alien
- Where does Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar sit in the sci-fi movie pantheon?
- Ridley Scott is producing a miniseries sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- ’Hovering UFO’ found in 16th century painting in Romanian monastery.
- More Brits believe in aliens than in God.
- Dalai Lama enlightens and enraptures contemplative scientists in Boston.
- What happens when your friend’s smartphone can tell that you’re lying? Worse: what happens when your friend’s smartphone can vaporise you for lying?
- New technology shows nurses where your veins are. This is going to be huge in the vampire market. Heck, even vampire deer will probably come out of the woods looking for it…
- Deer with vampire fangs spotted for first time in decades.
- Promiscuous male birds eat poisonous beetles to rid themselves of STDs.
- Explaining the unexplainable: When logic fails, stories and superstitions prevail.
- The latest edition of the free PDF journal Paranthropology is now available.
- The Binnall of America podcast has wrapped up Season 8 with a two-parter: Adam Davies and Lori Simmons discuss a secret Bigfoot expedition, and David Paulides, author of the Missing 411 series of books.
- The science of Bigfoot.
- A portal to the real twilight zone is hidden in North Carolina.
- Hayley Stevens reviews the James Randi documentary, An Honest Liar.
- Australian man apologises for riding a whale carcass.
- Nazi-fighting bear to be commemorated in Scotland.
- Rare rainbow cloud spotted in Australia.
- Image of the Day: James Henry Breasted copying inscriptions in the Temple of Horus, 1906.
Thanks David and @tobadzistsini.
Quote of the Day:
We may disagree with James Randi on certain points, but we ignore him at our peril.