Just looked back in the archives and found a post from me in 1999 in which I said I had run out things to say to introduce the daily news briefs. So you can imagine where I’m at in 2014…
- Will the Virgin Galactic crash set back space tourism? Also: investigators find that ‘feathering device’ on SpaceShipTwo was deployed before it should have been.
- The Zen of SETI.
- How on Earth can life depend on the seemingly delicate effects of quantum biology?
- Aerial images reveal mysterious ‘big circles’ in Middle East landscapes.
- First ever video shot inside the Amphipolis Tomb.
- Ancient Teotihuacan tunnel glitters like the night sky.
- The Leonardo self-portrait that was hidden from Hitler in case it gave him magical powers.
- A beacon in the land of the Pharaohs: what the Great Pyramid looked like more than 4000 years ago.
- Fresh off supporting evolution, Pope Francis says he’s also backing exorcism. Maybe he’s just working his way through the alphabet… (the ‘f’s should be interesting!).
- Research shows that magic mushrooms create a hyperconnected brain.
- Meet the amateur sleuth who says he’s about to unmask the Zodiac Killer.
- Mystery drones breach airspace above seven nuclear reactors in France.
- Great balls of fire over India.
- The latest Mysterious Universe podcast investigates the dark age of Buddhist history in Tibet and Google’s new plan to cure your illnesses with nanotechnology.
- A Moon-walking army: Did Michael Jackson try to clone himself?
Quote of the Day:
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Pink Floyd, ‘Time’