Just a little pin-prick…
- Famed Antikythera wreck yields more treasures.
- Vampire grave found by Bulgarian Indiana Jones.
- Ancient Amazonians: Imaginary man-hating virgins invented to be killed by Greek heroes? Wrong.
- Remains of Alexander the Great’s father confirmed found.
- Metal detecting enthusiast unearths Viking treasure hoard in Scotland.
- Apocalypse Soon: Meet the scientists preparing for the end times. Terrible job security in that field.
- Scientists report major advance toward nuclear fusion.
- Life and the Universe debate: Are we alone in the cosmos?
- “The scientists studying life after death are not total frauds“. Nice f**kin’ headline (honk honk)!
- Do ghosts exist? Four theories on our fascination with apparitions.
- Eben Alexander has a GPS for heaven.
- Is life an illusion?
- It’s okay to be an irrational atheist.
- Prominent anti-vaccine campaigner branded a manipulative liar by London court.
- Humans do not stand at the top of a ladder of creation, superior to all other species.
- Emirates chief reveals suspicions over true fate of missing flight MH370.
- The artist of the unbreakable code: Composer Edward Elgar still has cryptographers playing his tune.
- Recruiting young gamers to become killer drone pilots.
- Well I don’t see what could go wrong with this situation: asset seizures fuel police spending.
- Giant squid attacks Greenpeace submarine.
- It started off as an isolated threat, but the terror is now spreading across international borders. No, not ebola dummies….evil clowns!
- Image of the Day: Robot orbiting a comet in the depths of space takes a selfie.
Quote of the Day:
They said, ‘What’s in the box?’
I said, ‘a large gold medal,’ as one does.
So they opened it up and they said, ‘What’s it made out of?’
I said, ‘gold.’
And they’re like, ‘Uhhhh. Who gave this to you?’
‘The King of Sweden.’
‘Why did he give this to you?’
‘Because I helped discover the expansion rate of the universe was accelerating.’
Astrophysicist Brian Schmidt, describing going through airport security with his Nobel Prize