Better late than never!
- NASA eyes deep sleep option for crew of Mars mission.
- Ancient aliens and astronomical alignments.
- Does this new scientific paper offer the ‘first hint’ of life after death?
- Related: an excerpt from my book Stop Worrying! There Probably is an Afterlife, in which I discuss the AWARE project and the now-famous veridical OBE in detail.
- Seeing the light: are we immortal in some way?
- UK ‘psychic’ Sally Morgan threatens legal action – and more – against sceptic. More here.
- New Ghostbusters film in the works…with an all-female cast.
- Surrender to the void – a metaphysical Q&A with Sam Harris, International Man of Reason.
- The placebo effect doesn’t just apply to pills.
- The extraordinary beginnings of human consciousness.
- Indonesian cave painting discovery transforms ideas about how humans first developed the ability to produce art.
- The hydraulic telegraph of Aeneas – long-distance communication of antiquity.
- Also: the steam-powered pigeon of Archytas, the flying machine of antiquity.
- What’s this? Oh nothing, just an ancient Egyptian snake coffin.
- Stunning depictions of ancient comets that scared the hell out of humans.
- UK Met Office opens solar storm centre. (Why? See Robert Schoch’s article “Death Star” for some scary thoughts…)
- Ebola is in America – and finally, within range of Big Pharma.
- Mercedes is making a self-driving semi to change the future of shipping.
- Beyond the machine: metaphors of the body (featuring Rupert Sheldrake).
- Are we over-thinking the dangers of artificial intelligence?
- Two British newspapers embarrass themselves over marijuana.
- Why people believe things that you don’t believe.
- Image of the Day: this mushroom looks like a zombie’s hand emerging from the ground.
Quote of the Day:
Everyone has a belief system, B.S., the trick is to learn not to take anyone’s B.S. too seriously, especially your own.
Robert Anton Wilson