I wonder if Justice Sotomayor’s view of the current situation would change if she could read her own NSA file?
- Scientists return to Antikythera: Month-long underwater expedition hopes to find the other half of the most sophisticated device ever to emerge from antiquity. More about their Exosuit — designed to allow divers to work as long as two and a half days without surfacing.
- Archaeologists discover 20 monumental tombs dating back 6,500 years in France.
- Scientists invent magnet that pulls bacteria, fungi and toxins out of blood.
- Fluid mechanics suggests alternative to quantum orthodoxy.
- Textbook theory behind volcanoes is wrong.
- 100,000 years’ worth of fauna: Wyoming cave yields a trove of Ice Age fossils – and DNA.
- Woman, age 24, found to have no cerebellum in her brain.
- Mosquito-borne viruses hit Japan and the U.S.. Chikungunya was unknown in the Western Hemisphere until late last year.
- Sun & wind: Electric utility executives all over the world are watching nervously as technologies they once dismissed as irrelevant begin to threaten their long-established business plans.
- Magic mushrooms help people quit smoking.
- World leaders condemn failed drug war, call for global reform.
- Moo-F-Os: Modern Farmer wants to know, what’s behind tales of cattle mutilation?
- ‘Death travelers’ are bringing back stories of life beyond death.
- Can a robot learn right from wrong? Attempts to imbue robots with a sense of ethics reveal just how hard this is.
- ‘Boris’ the robot can load up the dishwasher. He’s a long way from Rosie, folks.
- Commercial plantations and food companies are the biggest cause of tropical deforestation, and many of the resulting products end up in Western supermarkets.
- Stanford researchers are putting the opioid production pathway into baker’s yeast. Could give new meaning to ‘bread and circuses’.
- New Zealand launched mass surveillance project while top government officials publicly insisted no such program was being planned and would not be legally permitted.
- Edward Snowden: NZ’s PM isn’t telling the truth about mass surveillance. If you live in New Zealand, you are being watched.
- NSA & GCHQ breach German satellite companies. Spiegel’s version.
- The executive order that led to a surveillance state within the U.S. today, as told by NSA alumni.
- US Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor said that without proper privacy safeguards, the advancement of technology could lead to an Orwellian world.
- NSA says it lost all its non-redacted UFO files.
- Michael Prescott’s ghost post.
- Remembering Zimbabwe’s great alien invasion.
- The Mandaeans are not your usual Gnostics. They claim lineage back to John the Baptist himself, a claim many scholars take seriously. And their literature…well, their literature is interesting. Even more interesting is the Mandaeans’ elusive companions, a race of luminous beings called Uthras, who protect and instruct these Gnostics. More.
A big thanks to Greg, Grailseeker, and RedPillJunkie for their help.
Quote of the Day:
To your first earth, ascend, to the place from which you were transplanted, to the fine abode of the uthras. Bestir yourself, put on your garment of radiance and put on your resplendent wreath. Sit on your throne of radiance, which the Life set up for you in the Place of Light. Rise up, inhabit the skinas, among the uthras, your brothers.
A bit of Gnostic cosmology that seems to imply that the Uthras are scouts or representatives from the Mandaeans’ true, heavenly home.