After reading some of the crazy news briefs today you’ll be all like this…
- Ancient Amazonians built massive circular structures before the rainforest existed.
- The quest to find 12 (real) hidden treasures from a 1982 treasure hunt book, after the author’s death.
- ‘Holy Grail‘ stolen. (A police spokeswoman said: “I don’t want to say we are hunting the Holy Grail, but …)
- Dungeons and Dragons – the game that influenced a generation of writers.
- Waiter awarded half of lottery jackpot after predicting the win in a dream.
- More puzzling radio bursts from deep space.
- Curiosity rover finds a large, shiny iron meteorite embedded in the Martian soil. A possible explanation for this anomaly?
- As the Rosetta space probe approaches its target, new image show that it appears to be a double-comet.
- Why do we have different blood types? It’s still a mystery.
- Blindfolded geckos are still able to change to the appropriate colour for camouflage, because they can see with their skin.
- Sunflowers remember their previous sun-directed movements, even when locked away in isolation.
- ‘Werewolf‘ wreaks havoc on livestock in the Philippines.
- Japanese haemorrhoid sufferers point their bums at a ‘holy egg’ in hope of a cure.
- Giant hole appears at ‘world’s end’ in Siberia. Suddenly this story from Monday’s news briefs doesn’t seem so crazy…
- Five ways materialists beg the question.
- Thor’s a woman, and Archie is dead. We’re not in Kansas anymore Toto…
- Voldemort lives on, hidden on Joaquin Phoenix’s forehead. And he’s sporting a mean-ass goatee.
- Image(s) of the Day: The Ancient Kaiju Project augments classic paintings with pop culture monsters and objects.
Quote of the Day:
The cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation.