Exorcizamus te, omnis immunde spiritus!
- Pope Francis and the psychology of exorcism and possession.
- 10 movies based on terrifying real-life cases of demonic possession.
- Why the ancient Egyptians worshiped beetles that eat poop for a living.
- Mesolithic shamanistic meteorite talisman unearthed.
- What lies beneath: new discoveries about the Jericho skull.
- BBC staff told to stop inviting ‘cranks’ on to science programmes.
- Will Deepak Chopra have to pay $1million of his own money to atheist challengers?
- Know nothing: the true history of atheism.
- Dark days: where has all the light in the Universe gone?
- Virtual body-hack with an Oculus Rift allows you to inhabit and control another person’s body.
- Government scientists stumble across forgotten vials of smallpox in an unused storage room.
- The Pentagon’s $399 billion next-generation plane, the F-35, may end up being too dangerous to fly.
- Voyager 1 confirmed to be in interstellar space.
- Comic of the Day: Carl Sagan on belief in the afterlife.
Quote of the Day:
It seems to me what is called for is an exquisite balance between two conflicting needs: the most skeptical scrutiny of all hypotheses that are served up to us and at the same time a great openness to new ideas … If you are only skeptical, then no new ideas make it through to you … On the other hand, if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense in you, then you cannot distinguish the useful ideas from the worthless ones.