In perusing the Daily Grail news briefs every day, be careful to not fall victim to this…
- Psychedelic drugs put your brain in a “waking dream“, study finds.
- The key to consciousness? Researchers stimulated a single part of a woman’s brain, and she became unconscious, but still awake.
- The sinister cult of the Singularity: A geek religion that aims to exalt machines instead diminishes humanity.
- Google orders Terminators not to kill founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page.
- Bigfoot and Yeti are bears, oh my?
- Bring out your Bigfoot: How ‘science’ is failing at educating the public.
- Extinct humans passed high-altitude gene to Tibetans.
- How tiny details in paintings reveal a secret history of books.
- Why would a plant evolve the ability to hear?
- The alien brains living on Earth.
- Quantum state may be a real thing.
- Fabergé Fractals: Alien objects from another dimension.
- SETI comes up with two new ways to contact aliens on other planets.
- Scientists translate chimpanzee and bonobo gestures that resemble human language.
- The mantis shrimp has absurdly over-engineered eyes, and nobody know why. Except maybe this guy.
- The last of Australia’s Aboriginal Police Trackers has hung up his work boots.
- Image(s) of the Day: The shortlist for the 2014 Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
Quote of the Day:
The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God’s infinite love. That’s the message we’re brought up with, isn’t it? Believe or die! Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options.