Farewell, Lord Flashheart. Woof!
- Your face, their algorithm: NSA facial recognition makes Person of Interest seem less and less fictional.
- Tracking conscious perception in real-time with fMRI.
- Why the Turing Test is bullshit.
- Also: Turing tease – computer deception and human consciousness.
- Harvard confirms antique book is bound in human skin.
- Mummy Brown – ground-up Egyptian mummies were used as a pigment in paints until 1964.
- First European farmers island-hopped through the Aegean Sea some 9000 years ago.
- Did something eat a 9-foot great white shark whole?
- Watch a gigantic school of modula rays attempt to fly from their ocean home. Evolution is gonna hit a winner there soon….
- The dolphin who loved me.
- Rats regret bad decisions. Which seems to put them ahead of politicians in intelligence.
- ‘We know where Jack the Ripper lived‘, say experts.
- Has Slenderman been linked to a second stabbing?
- By the way, Slenderman turns five today. Imagine how tall he’ll be once he’s all grown up…
- Yellow King vacation: Creepy True Detective graffiti begins showing up around London.
- Bad weather delays first test flight of NASA’s flying saucer. The Roswell crew sympathises.
- The best News of the Weird from the past 25 years.
- Image of the Day: A handy Richard Dawkins flowchart.
Quote of the Day:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.