Hey dude, don’t lean on me man…
- Vandalism in the Great Pyramid: the focus shifts to Zahi Hawass.
- Thor’s hammer is real! Sort of…maybe…
- How a cryptoanalyst discovered the identity of The Man in the Iron Mask.
- DARPA is using the Oculus Rift to prepare for cyberwar.
- Sunny with a chance of life: the U.S. military is shutting down its weather-controlling death beam.
- Australian UFOs, recorded more than 100 years ago.
- Human ‘suspended animation‘ trials to start this month.
- The major blunders that held back progress in modern astronomy: It turns out astronomers are susceptible to bias and wrong-thinking, just like everybody else.
- Academic prosecuted for exploring ‘forbidden Britain’.
- The insanity of Wikipedia’s sourcing rules: how a raccoon became an aardvark.
- Scientists studied the effect of magic mushrooms on personality, and the results are startling.
- Magick and psychedelic drugs are serious business.
- Richard Branson calls for the ‘War on Drugs’ to be called off.
- Mesmerising sounds: the role of music in ‘animal magnetism’.
- 10 reasons why Bigfoot’s a bust.
- Sasquatch artefact returned to First Nations.
- Horny psychic has steamy sex with ghost who is 250-years-old. I’d make an ectoplasm joke here, but I’m not that crude..
- A mysterious liquid is seeping out of crypts in Alabama. Okay, really biting my tongue now…
- Nobel laureates offer new interpretations of quantum mysteries.
- A new ‘Theory of Everything‘: Reality emerges from cosmic copyright law.
- Ant groups ‘more efficient than Google‘ at processing data, new study finds. Also better at eating dropped breadcrumbs, so that’s 2-0 to the ants.
- Majestic new cat species discovered in Nepal.
- The best (worst) fake astronomy pictures getting passed around the intarwebs.
- Video of the Day: Keep your eyes on the road…but which one?
Quote of the Day:
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace in a continual state of alarm (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing them with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.