Every time I look at a clock lately it’s 1:11, 2:22, 4:44, 11:11…anybody else getting glitches in the Matrix?
- Did removing lead from petrol spark a decline in crime?
- Acclaimed physicist Max Tegmark killed after being hit by a truck. Oh wait, wrong universe.
- Is quantum turbulence the key to unlocking the mysteries of physics?
- 12 years ago, Jason Padgett was king-hit in a bar. It gave him the ‘superpower’ of seeing mathematical patterns in the world.
- Life too slow to see.
- Science poll shows many Americans doubt the Big Bang, global warming, and evolution.
- The lost science of Australia’s indigenous people.
- Indonesian volcano emits glowing blue liquid.
- Use a thermometer? Thank alchemy.
- Will U.S. and Russian military dolphins go head to head in the Black Sea?
- Monkey maths!
- Snakes alive, it’s a real-life ouroboros!
- New movie Heaven is for Real spurs conversations and controversy on near-death experiences.
- You know what’s a good book about near-death experiences? This one! (C’mon, cut me some slack – I have to eat!)
- Castle museum’s resident ghost photobombs family vacation photos.
- Strange signals on TV sets when saucers fly over The Washington Post.
- Does luck exist?
- Robert Bigelow appears to have grown weary of searching for alien craft, and is now building his own spaceships.
- US Air Force’s secret space plane nears 500 days in orbit.
- Criminals now using drones to find and steal other criminals’ cannabis crops. Welcome to the future!
- Astronauts to reveal sobering data on asteroid impacts.
- Mythical beasts and voodoo worship: photographing pagan rituals in China.
- Iron Age oddities.
Thanks David and Rick.
Quote of the Day:
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?