Last month on the Grail was the biggest reader numbers ever. Welcome to all you new Grailers!
- In need of a lubricant so that you can slide something large into the Forbidden City? The ancients knew what to use: ice.
- Demons, mummies and ancient curses: should the British Museum be afraid?
- Ground up mummies were once an ingredient in paint. Spreading the curse, one coat at a time…
- Ancient mummy has tattoo of an angel on her inner thigh.
- The Gobekli Tepe of Ireland? 10,000-year-old settlement found in Cork.
- New discoveries challenge orthodox beliefs on humans’ arrival in the Americas.
- A Good Trip: Researchers are prescribing psychedelics to help cancer patients deal with their situation – and it’s working.
- Ultra-thin graphene might allow us to wear contact lenses with infrared vision in the future.
- Just a few days on from last week’s new planet discovery, another new dwarf planet has been found in our Solar System.
- Hamster wheel to Alpha Centauri: Massive spaceships could be fuelled by human exercise.
- Alien abduction, Scarlett Johansson-style. Silver Screen Saucers reviews Under the Skin.
- Body swapping: the science behind the switch.
- Can a psychic help you with your grief?
- Frontiers in Human Neuroscence published a paper about precognition. Burn them!
- Embracing the unexplained – how ‘fantastic’ stories unlock the nature of consciousness.
- The 8-year-old exorcist saving Brazil’s slums.
- 12 strange vintage photos of séances.
- Home is where the heart is (buried under the floorboards). The childhood home of Jeffrey Dahmer, site of his first killing, is up for sale. Would you live in it?
Quote of the Day:
The laws of nature are but the mathematical thoughts of God.