Hard disk recovery = News Briefs recovery. Was NOT looking forward to to rewriting the news on my iPad from a photo of my frozen Mac screen!
- The first transparent 3D-printed skull has been successfully implanted.
- Speaking of see-through heads: glass brain – an anatomically-realistic real-time 3D brain visualisation.
- Still speaking of see-through heads: a transparent head might foil facial recognition software, but won’t stop scientists recognising the face you’re thinking of.
- Whales are cool and all, but this is getting desperate, no? How whale faeces help slow Antarctic warming.
- Mirage Men – how the US government created the UFO myth §now online.
- Wirral mathematician solves secrets of stonehenge.
- How to prove the paranormal: scientists discuss.
- Quantum experiments show how time emerges from entanglement.
- Just don’t blame the bankers: former World Bank senior council says a “second species” on Earth controls money & religion.
- Suspended animation trials on humans begin.
- Could “Ancient Egyptian” glyphs found in Australia rewrite history?
- Researchers are giving psychedelics to cancer patients to help alleviate their despair – and it’s working.
- James Lovelock: ‘Instead of robots taking over the world, what if we join with them?’.
- Demons, mummies and ancient curses: should the British Museum be afraid?.
- How to unmake a sea serpent: the case of the Scoliophis Atlanticus.
- Controversial glow-in-the-dark plants go on sale.
- How to bake scientifically accurate cake planets.
- 10 of the most bizarre books ever written.
Quote of the Day:
One man practicing kindness in the wilderness is worth all the temples this world pulls.