Spambots and cynics and trolls oh my! Be a breath of fresh air and leave a comment below if you’re a real human being with nice things to say…
- ‘Spectacular’ discovery hailed as scientists claim extraordinary new evidence to support the Big Bang theory for the origin of the Universe.
- Witness the joy of the man who predicted today’s Big Bang discovery as he hears the news.
- Forget lightning in a bottle – how do you put a star in a bottle? The technicalities of fusion energy.
- Saturn’s largest moon would host really, really, weird life. So Titan is much like suburban Brisbane then…
- Gnarly sea life aside, would you dare surf the waves of Titan?
- A tiny bone found in a 60,000-year-old body suggests that Neanderthals could talk.
- Archaeologists discover 9000-year-old ‘wand’ carved with human faces, near thirty decapitated bodies.
- The ancient Egyptians were burying cats 2000 years earlier than previously thought.
- U.K. Ministry of Defence project will obscure sunrise at Stonehenge says expert.
- Two Australians and two Canadians detained by Peruvian police for stripping naked at Machu Picchu.
- Was the English ‘Green Man’, pagan spirit of nature, in fact a secret symbol of resistance to Norman oppression?
- What are the acoustic wonders of the world?
- In quantum theory of cognition, memories are created by the act of remembering.
- Huge, cigar-shaped UFO glides over Ukrainian city.
- CNN host and pundit Brad Meltzer speculate whether Malaysia jet’s disappearance was ‘supernatural’.
- But is this a simple, prosaic solution to the MH370 mystery?
- Heading to the weirder side of the tracks again: Malaysian jet missing as the cast of Lost meet for 10 year anniversary of the show.
- Also: Uri Geller.
- Are UFO experts being murdered? I’d probably begin disputing the story at ‘UFO experts’…
- From creationism to ESP (and skepticism) – why believers ignore science. Related: my review of Will Storr’s Heretics.
- Farts: an under-appreciated threat to astronauts.
- Epigenetic marijuana mystery: exposure to cannabis causes behavioural problems not only in those exposed, but also in future generations.
- How unicorns evolved into rhinos.
- Insects and spiders that evolved to resemble things that are entirely unlike them – like leaves and poo.
- While octopuses and squids switch between camouflage and transparency to hide themselves, depending on the light.
- Do animals avoid power lines because they can see freaky ultraviolet flashes around them?
- Bigfoot? Pffft. MEGAFOOT!
Quote of the Day:
The greater part of human activity is designed to make permanent those experiences and joys which are only lovable because they are changing.