First rule of the internet: if you see an email or social media post that says “circulate this to your address book”, you can be pretty sure it’s one of the last things on Earth that you should circulate.
- Warning: Viking apocalypse imminent. Someone’s got to pick up the slack left by those incompetent Mayans…
- A Reassuring Trunk: Evidence that elephants console each other when distressed.
- Do shamans still believe in the magic of shamanism?
- Movies, myths and psycho-magic: Jodorowsky’s Dune.
- Placebo: The medicine in our minds.
- The Shroud of Turin, pseudoscience, and journalism.
- Telepathy between the dead – a mystery of the near-death experience.
- ‘Collective hallucination’ – the term you use when multiple people witness a weird event.
- Robert Bigelow says that Moon property rights would help create a lunar industry.
- 37-year-old JPMorgan executive found dead in his home is latest in a series of bizarre deaths in the financial world.
- Weird fiction: The one literary reference you must know to appreciate True Detective.
- The Telepathy Project: to sleep perchance to dream, to share the dreams that come.
- Why strange loops could be an argument for artificial intelligence.
- Aquatic Ape Theory: An argument for our watery origins.
- Speaking of aquatic apes: An entire drowned city in China awaits your next scuba trip.
- Did the Maya depict the end of Atlantis at Tikal?
- Is this ghost-in-a-pub sighting just a marketing ploy?
- Coventry residents left baffled by mystery ‘Independence Day’ noise.
- Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man had a hernia.
- Facial reconstruction done on a bottle of Dan Ackroyd’s Crystal Skull vodka.
- Buddhist cave temples are jaw-droppingly gorgeous.
- Image of the Day: Frequency.
Quote of the Day:
I think it’s really tragic when people get serious about stuff. It’s such an absurdity to take anything really seriously … I make an honest attempt not to take anything seriously: I worked that attitude out about the time I was eighteen, I mean, what does it all mean when you get right down to it, what’s the story here? Being alive is so weird.