- Polaris, the North Star, is getting brighter.
- Which is perfect timing for Imbolc this Saturday.
- The Celtic goddess Brigid, apple orchards, & otherworldly bees.
- Ruins of a bustling port unearthed at Egypt’s Giza Pyramids.
- Previously unknown poems by Sappho have been recovered.
- Opening an ancient castle’s window for the first time in 500 years.
- The Govan Stones, a unique collection of Viking-age monuments.
- Six new King Arthur films directed by Guy Ritchie. Yep, six of ’em.
- The Hope Diamond was once a symbol for Louis XIV, the Sun King.
- Where have all the flowers gone: RIP, Pete Seeger (1919 – 2014).
- Knitting & mushrooms — it may explain the fourth Doctor’s scarf.
- Famous writers’ sleeping habits & their literary productivity.
- A falling star caught by a couple in Roanoke isn’t a girl named Yvaine.
- Heart transplant recipient & donor’s sister fall in love at first sight.
Quote of the Day:
Speak to the stars, and the stars answer. At first the visible obscures: Go where the light is.
~ Theodore Roethke