2014 is the new black.
- Did Roger Ebert have a deathbed vision?
- Very close encounter: Pilot tells of near-miss with UFO at Heathrow Airport.
- Californian crop circle was a publicity stunt by computer chip company Nvidia.
- A movie about Stanley Kubrick faking the Moon landing? Yes, please.
- Ronald Reagan and the occultist: The amazing story of the thinker behind his sunny optimism.
- Outsider Colin Wilson skated over knowledge, it’s true, but he also exhilarated a generation with the bold possibilities of life.
- Cryptozoology in Australia: where the wild things aren’t?
- Bigfoot hunter claims he killed the hairy beast and will take it on tour. Even if it were true, would any decent person claim this proudly?
- The Vatican is training up a new generation of exorcists to meet growing demand.
- SETI is a bargain.
- The new field of plant neurobiology.
- Human body parts fall from the sky over Saudi Arabia.
- Why brain death isn’t a simple on-off switch.
- What is the origin of the iconic medieval ‘plague mask‘?
- Cyclopean Masonry: A Mystery of the Ancient World.
- An atheist meets the masters of the universe. Spoiler: does not involve He-Man or Skeletor.
- Is religion a product of psychotropic drug use?
- Unique neolithic child cemetery found in Egypt.
- The 20 most astonishing additions to Atlas Obscura in 2013.
Thanks Jason and Rick.
Quote of the Day:
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.