From today’s collection of news briefs, you may be able to deduce that Halloween is almost upon us…
- The strange and mysterious history of the Ouija Board.
- The curse of the mummy: why does it refuse to die?
- C. G. Jung’s spine-chilling nights in a ‘haunted house’.
- Spellbound: why witchcraft is enchanting a new generation of teenage girls
- The ghost in the rainbow: generations of terrified hikers and early mountaineers have found themselves suddenly confronting an enormous figure, floating in the sky, surrounded by radiating circles of light.
- Woman claims she spoke with God during her near-death experience.
- Jesus and Mary found hanging out on a cloud together in Switzerland.
- Peru’s UFO investigations office to be reopened.
- Alien life experts urge creation of guidelines for interacting with extraterrestrials. Don’t we have that sorted already?
- Book prompts Bigfooters to begin homework they should have done more than 50 years ago. Abominable Science is available from Amazon US and Amazon UK.
- Scientists have found three new vertebrate species isolated for millions of years in a rainforest in the far north of Australia.
- Could something more primal still lurk nearby? ‘Nessie’-like monster spotted off Townsville in northern Australia.
- Science has lost its way, at a big cost to humanity.
- Mystery radar blob reveals odd man-made phenomenon.
- The man who wants to replicate the human mind in a machine.
- Britain’s ‘top scientist’ says our brains may not yet have evolved sufficiently to unlock the secrets of the cosmos.
- United Nations to form an International Asteroid Warning Group to help cancel the apocalypse.
- Scientists uncover evidence that a comet rained fire down upon Egypt in the ancient past.
- An illustrated history of Easter Island.
- The mysterious stone tower that features in many alternative histories of the New World.
- Image of the Day: the most terrible of trousers…NECROPANTS! (NSFW warning: flayed skin, private parts).
Quote of the Day:
It would do the world a lot of good if we all made a habit out of trying really hard to not be unnecessarily upset at things.