Need a soundtrack to the weirdness that is today’s news? I recommend a little Cristobal Tapia de Veer. Perfect evil clown music…
- Twenty seven years since Pennywise the Clown last appeared, a mystery clown begins stalking the English city of Northampton.
- Six sea monsters that make their horror movie counterparts look tame.
- Brazilian believers of hidden religion step out of the shadows.
- Higher doses of anti-psychotic medication lead to greater loss of brain tissue in schizophrenics.
- Frightening CDC report says that “we will soon be in a post-antibiotic era“.
- Is this the most extraordinary human brain ever seen?
- Adrenaline-pumping photos from some of the world’s biggest thrill-seekers.
- Gary ‘the UFO Hacker’ McKinnon’s mother tells the story of how she saved her son from extradition to America.
- This new
UFOaluminium airship may represent the future of travel.
- SETI astronomer says we’ll hear from E.T. by 2037.
- Five billion years of solitude: the quest for life beyond our solar system. Pre-order the book from Amazon.com or Amazon UK.
- New evidence supports the idea that life on Earth may have been kick-started by a comet impact.
- Just when its activity should be highest, our Sun has gone oddly quiet.
- The aerodynamics of flying snakes, finally revealed.
- Shadows in the scrub: the mythology surrounding the Tasmanian Tiger.
- Australian Yowie hunter Rex Gilroy plans to search for the ‘Taree Bigfoot’.
- How did Australia’s ancient aboriginal culture interpret the Aurora Australis?
- What did the atomic tests of the 1950s look like from Los Angeles?
- The cancer patient cured by a broken radiotherapy machine and the paralysed man who walked again after visiting Lourdes: New book shows incredible influence of the mind over the body.
- Who you gonna call? Belief in ghosts is rising.
- Three ancient rivers, now buried by the Sahara, provided a route for ancient people to the Mediterranean.
- We’ll never find Atlantis….and that’s why we keep looking for it.
- Video of the Day: Beer is truly the gateway drug of the Lord Cthulhu.
Quote of the Day:
Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you’re there. It doesn’t matter what you do, he said, so as long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that’s like you after you take your hands away.
Ray Bradbury, ‘Fahrenheit 451’