We think too much, and feel too little…
- Meet the science and tech geniuses who got high and solved amazing problems. Also: did Steve Jobs eat just any old LSD?
- Nemesis Theory: our Sun’s dark companion.
- How to read a crop circle and kind of freak yourself out.
- Can you read Italian? A drone’s eye view of an Italian crop circle.
- Also, from the archives: our own Grail-seeker’s discovery of a maths code hidden in the Wilton Windmill crop circle.
- One of the final original Roswell witnesses, Jesse Marcel Jr., has passed away.
- Calling Lando Calrissian: Cloud cities could float over Venus.
- Why the number 2.9013 will go down in the history of bad science.
- Tuned to the senses: an archaeoaacoustic perspective on the ancient ceremonial complex at Chavín de Huántar, Perú.
- As political unrest continues in Egypt, its precious heritage continues to be destroyed.
- The greatest mystery of the Inca Empire was its strange economy.
- Babies learn to recognise words in the womb.
- Schizophrenics used to see demons and spirits. Now they talk about actors and hidden cameras – and make a lot of sense.
- No more making people think they’re chickens in the lab: Neuroscience gets serious about hypnosis.
- Alien gargoyle on 13th century abbey.
- The confidential memo at the heart of the global financial crisis that is every conspiracy theorist’s dream/nightmare.
- The scientists of Burning Man.
- Modern Mythology: the hyperloop is Elon Musk’s ticket to Olympus.
- Look out Nessie: Scotland’s second-most famous monster makes a comeback.
- ‘Ghostbuster’ arrested after claiming his penis could exorcise ghosts from inside women. Bringing a totally different meaning to the phrase “He slimed me”…
- Ectoplasmic photography. For those fearful of clicking, has nothing to do with the previous link…
- Image of the Day: the Seven Sisters, hanging over Reunion and Mauritius Islands in a moonlit Indian Ocean…as seen from space!
Quote of the Day:
If you deny my request for a pardon, I will serve my time knowing that sometimes you have to pay a heavy price to live in a free society. I will gladly pay that price if it means we could have a country that is truly conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all women and men are created equal.