Want a free eBook in the style of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett? Of course you do (limited time!)…
- Is this the week that organised skepticism imploded?
- Did ancient Siberians domesticate horses 50,000 years ago?
- Neanderthals were first to create tools, then taught us?
- Big Apple Vodou: three New Yorkers debunk the myths about Haiti’s ancient religion.
- Owner of mystery gravestone beside Lee Harvey Oswald’s final resting place located….very much alive.
- What happens after we die? NDE expert Bruce Greyson and researchers at the University of Virginia are investigating.
- The secret life of Uri Geller.
- A solution to the NDE? Researchers find brain activity in rats after death.
- The final episode of season 7 of the Binnall of America podcast features legendary ‘alien abductee’ Travis Walton discussing his famous encounter.
- Marking the 51st anniversary of the Manitoba Lake Monster sighting.
- The most bonkers scientific theories that (almost) nobody believes anymore.
- Looking for alien laser pulses, one photon at a time.
- New class of ‘easily retrievable’ asteroids discovered.
- Florence tomb opened in quest to find the real ‘Mona Lisa’.
- Breakthrough genetic ‘cure’ for Downs Syndrome prompts soul-searching and questions.
- Mystery book is the size of a ladybug.
- Could sea levels rise more than five metres in the next 1000 years?
- Amazon supremo Jeff Bezos is building a 10,000-year-clock on a mountain in Texas.
- While former PayPal supremo Elon Musk wants to build the ‘hyperloop’: a fantastical pneumatic travel system faster than the speed of sound. Find out more at SpaceX.com. I feel a Simpons song coming on…
- Mystery priest who suddenly appeared at accident scene is being called an angel. Update: solved.
- Ghosthunters lost in the woods turn out to be meth-makers in the middle of a fight (this story is *not* a spoiler for the latest Breaking Bad).
- Time-traveling photographs reveal history of the present.
- Image of the Day: Er Lannic, the 5000-year-old stone circle that’s slipping into the sea.
Quote of the Day:
I swear it’s Springfield’s only choice
Throw up your hands and raise your voice
What’s it called?