- Calling Professor X: Scientists meet to discuss extraordinary powers of the mind.
- There’s nothing strange about UFO encounters if you don’t read the case reports.
- Crop circles demystified: how the patterns are created.
- Ape-like robot to explore the Moon? The embodiment of a 2001 mash-up…
- Curiosity has been on Mars for a year. What has it discovered since its celebrated landing?
- The Sun’s magnetic field is about to flip.
- New study reveals we’re not even close to inventing Star Trek-like transporters.
- Google co-founder backs lab-grown meat project. So how does a $330,000 burger taste? “It wasn’t unpleasant”.
- The devil came down to…Kazakhstan?
- Scientists modify the Voight-Kampff to help locked-in patients talk with their eyes.
- Australian government warns young travellers about ‘Peruvian tea’ (ayahuasca). Even though the water is more dangerous in most foreign countries…
- Astronomical alignments at the 12,000-year-old megalithic site of Gobekli Tepe?
- Five dumb myths about prehistoric times that everyone believes.
- Science deniers just don’t think: All hail the scientific method.
- Monster outrage: dino-shark documentary causes outrage for fake found footage.
- Monsters, marvels, and the birth of science.
- Egypt’s oldest pyramid restored with water-filled bags.
- Toxin found in most U.S. rice causes genetic damage.
- Oil may finally be hitting its peak.
- Holy Feng Shui! Cells that help you find your way found in humans.
- SETI pioneer John Billingham has sadly passed away.
- The new Doctor Who has been announced, and it is Peter Capaldi! Here’s what the new series might be like, based on his most famous role. (SERIOUSLY MEGA-NSFW LANGUAGE WARNING).
- Images of the Day: Colonies of growing bacteria make psychedelic art.
Quote of the Day:
Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.