That smurf is smurfed…
- There’s treasure in them thar pyramids!
- Lost Egyptian city revealed.
- Did Easter Island’s famous statues ‘walk’ into place?
- Human-scale invisibility cloak unveiled. “It was right here all along, hahahah!”
- PRISM surveillance whistleblower steps forward and identifies himself.
- ‘Idiot’ Bilderberg conspiracy theorist Alex Jones disrupts BBC politics show.
- CIA releases analyst’s fascinating tale of cracking the code of the Kryptos sculpture.
- The scar of a deadly tornado, as seen from space.
- Does hallucinations + happiness = spirituality?
- Contrary to what physicists (and Douglas Adams) might have told you, time is real. A review of Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn.
- Study reveals how birds lost their penises. Avian Lorena Bobbitts?
- Magpies make decisions faster when humans look at them. Especially if they’ve got a knife in their hand.
- Fabulously Fortean: magnetic mystery glitter descends upon Indiana neighborhood.
- Alien lizard creature caught in photo by Curiosity rover on Mars. Send David Icke, stat!
- An early review of the much-awaited UFO/intelligence agency documentary Mirage Men.
- Comet Lovejoy gives scientists a look at solar secrets.
- Nuclear bomb tests reveal brain regeneration in humans.
- Image(s) of the Day: the Atlas Obscura entry for the ‘Japanese Atlantis’, Yonaguni.
Quote of the Day:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Douglas Adams (‘The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy’)