Come find refuge from all the boring political back and forth and have fun with today’s Grail news:
- Galileo’s mummified fingers, a lost Leonardo da Vinci masterpiece, and a Renaissance UFO. Just some of the topics that could make an appearance in Dan Brown’s impending next bestseller.
- Scientists can see what you’re dreaming.
- Polynesian DNA mysteriously shows up in a Brazilian tribe…on the opposite coast of South America. I’m not saying it was aliens, but…
- The TEDx mess hits the mainstream media (and TED’s Chris Anderson continues to dig himself deeper into a hole in the comments).
- Ghost and UFO sightings are down. Psychics are in decline. Are we more discerning now, or just afraid to trust anything?
- Druids and pagans to be allowed time off work for sacred rites under new guidelines.
- Are the New Atheists Islamophobic? Sam Harris responds.
- Consciousness research pioneer Charles Tart talks about atheism, spirituality and parapsychology.
- Thinking differently about thinking: neuroscience needs its Einstein.
- Magic mushroom study into treating depression hits red-tape stumbling block.
- I’ve got your uncanny valley right here. I’m now going to have nightmares about sentient computers murdering me while rambling about yoghurt parfaits being full of frozen fruit…
- NASA’s secret plan to bag an asteroid.
- Rocket powered by nuclear fusion could send humans to Mars in just 30 days.
- Because, in case you didn’t know, Mars is just a wee bit further away than the Moon, the most distant point humans have travelled so far.
- All those moments will remain, like tears in space.
- Kepler watches a white dwarf warp space-time.
- Scientists go underground in search of mysterious particles.
- Image of the Day: the hand of a corpse mummified by mesmerism.
Quote of the Day:
Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider