Cat got your tongues?
- The return of the Hobbit (nope, not a remix of recent Peter Jackson movies): More evidence emerges that the Flores ‘hobbits’ were a separate species.
- Genome link between aboriginal Australians and Indians suggests continent was not isolated after all.
- White House gives official thumbs down to Death Star suggestion.
- Poll shows that quantum physicists agree to disagree about the nature of reality.
- From nuns to nones: the growth of the ‘no religion’ demographic.
- UFOs over Michigan (best said aloud like the main riff to Drones Over Brooklyn) resurrect the dreaded swamp gas.
- UFO sightings at the International Space Station are on the rise.
- Forget Star Wars – find out what flying through hyperspace would really look like. As long as it doesn’t take more than twelve parsecs…
- Armed thieves plunder ancient Egyptian cemetery at Dashur.
- Japanese hacker continues to taunt police with clue strapped to a cat.
- Pentagon wonders whether they could use Twitter to predict the future.
- The clouds are alive as microbes fly unfriendly skies.
- Scientific evidence that you probably don’t have free will. Upside: you can be guilt-free from all your actions. Downside: same applies to everyone else.
- The worst scientific mistakes, missteps and misdeeds of 2012.
- Man commits suicide after prompting from his wife’s ghost.
- When proof is not enough: Eben Alexander’s proof of heaven and the problem of objectivity in science.
- Are we nearing the maximum capacity of the human brain? Expecting mothers everywhere hope so.
- Image of the Day: In hyper-dimensional machine elf land, ballroom dances with you.
Quote of the Day:
The imagination is the goal of history. I see culture as an effort to literally realize our collective dreams.