Soundtrack to today’s news briefs can be found here.
- Mysticism, internet fuel Mexico’s Maya armageddon fears.
- Prophetic profits: making money off doomsday dread.
- Inside Russia’s end-time cults.
- Mother of Sandy Hook gunman was a survivalist preparing for the collapse of society.
- China says man who stabbed 23 children last week was psychologically affected by doomsday predictions.
- Physicists propose cosmic-ray experiment to test idea that we’re living in a simulation. I’m sure the sim-programmers have a function ready to deal with that attempt…
- Ancient ‘alien’ mass grave discovered.
- Study reveals Pharaoh’s throat was cut during royal coup.
- A glimpse inside the magical mathematical brain of Srinivasa Ramanujan, who said his findings were revealed to him in dreams by the goddess Namagiri.
- NASA’s lunar gravity mapping probes surrender to their god by slamming into a mountain range on the Moon.
- UFO hacker’s mum ready for “best Christmas ever” after British officials dropped charges against him.
- Paralysed woman controls robotic arm with her thoughts.
- Search for ancient life beneath Antarctic lake runs into trouble. Pfft, not even close – when it all goes Lovecraftian…*that’s* trouble.
- How fake images change our memory and behaviour.
- U.S. had plans for a “full nuclear response” against China and the Soviet Union if the President was ever killed or disappeared.
- Operation Delirium: inside the Army’s secret cold war experiment in fighting wars with psychochemicals.
- The top cryptozoology books of 2012.
- Image of the Day: strange fields of ice-flowers float upon the sea.
Quote of the Day:
A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourselves off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here’s what you can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defence each year, and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, for ever, in peace.