- A Martian eclipse.
- Alien camouflage: advanced extraterrestrial civilisations may be undetectable.
- NASA developing a real warp drive.
- Are we alone in the universe? We’ll soon know.
- Skeptic Ben Radford debunked a non-existent ‘ancient astronauts’ documentary for Discovery.com.
- Fortean researcher Jerome Clark discusses the Unexplained(!).
- Should we upgrade the intelligence of animals? What an uplifting story…
- Crows have human-like powers of inference, study finds.
- Pi in the sky: pilots ‘skytype’ pi to 1000 places.
- Arctic sea ice melt may trigger extreme European winter.
- Distracted motorists have most accidents passing Stonehenge.
- Enormous Roman mosaic found under farmer’s field.
- Slices of brain tissue can store patterns of activity for short periods of time.
- Determined to conform: Disbelief in free will increases conformity.
- DNA analysis alone could potentially generate a picture of your face.
- Live-tweeting an acid trip.
- Rupert Sheldrake discusses how scientific assumptions about materialism and consciousness have constrained us on the latest Skeptiko podcast.
- Zahi Hawass in more legal trouble?
- Image of the Day: Crocodiles…in the lounge room?!
Quote of the Day:
The beauties of the solid and material universe are but a part of the rich spectrum of existence. The one-tenth of an iceberg that is visible above the tideline of reality. Matter is that part of being that has crystallised, where the mind’s light has petrified to concrete substance.
Alan Moore (‘Promethea’)