Enjoy The Daily Grail? Help us keep our head above water by dropping a few dollars in the tin can (see the right-hand side of the page) as a ‘voluntary subscription’…
- Man killed while Bigfoot hoaxing.
- Police call off search for lion spotted in a field in Essex, England.
- This man was a psychic spy for the U.S. Government.
- Parapsychology or P.E.A.R.apsychology? A look inside the not-so-pseudo-scientific approach of the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research Group.
- From the annals of Britain’s UFO desk.
- Ufologists: DO NOT do these things.
- Neil Armstrong’s brush with ancient astronauts.
- Good luck finding a photo of Neil Armstrong on the Moon. Also: ZOMG NASA ‘SHOPPED MOON IMAGES!
- Evidence continues to mount that humans can learn while sleeping.
- Brain-damaged patient with self-awareness raises more questions about the location of consciousness. And the answer, predictably is “it’s in there somewhere, just sort of not anywhere, but everywhere. DISTRIBUTED SOMETHING SOMETHING!”
- Study suggests that cannabis damages young brains.
- Man with world’s deepest voice hits infrasonic notes that only elephants can hear. Which I bet comes in handy when you need to secretly summon a herd of elephants.
- Oregon wave farm first in United States to harvest energy from the ocean’s motion.
- Meteor dust helps form eerie noctilucent clouds.
- More mystery booms.
- Mirrors in folklore and superstition.
- Image of the Day: a 14,494-pixel-wide panorama of Curiosity’s landing site on Mars. My god, it’s full of rocks…
Quote of the Day:
From the time, some tens or hundreds of years ago, that language invaded and colonized our cerebrums, we have increasingly lost touch with the reality of things. Reality has been replaced with relation, a mapping of things-as-they-are to things-as-we-believe-them-to-be.