Unfunky kind of UFO…you’ve got the groove and we want some.
- ‘The God Particle‘ to be revealed this Wednesday?
- National Geographic survey finds that one-third of Americans say UFOs exist.
- Australian government releases files on the famous Valentich UFO incident.
- ‘Nuclear slapshots‘ could propel a spacecraft to Mars in just weeks.
- Red crucifix in the sky sighted in the year 774 may have been a supernova. Or a sign from Jesus. Or a supernova caused by Jesus.
- Does Easter Island hold the secret of reversing Alzheimer’s Disease? Unwanted side-effect: turns your head to stone.
- Archaeologists uncover 1300-year-old Mayan carving talking about the year they are living in – 21 December, 2012, to be exact. But without the apocalyptic flavour.
- Ancient city of Mohenjo Daro could be lost forever.
- Iraq cuts archaeological cooperation with the U.S. in protest over removal of Jewish archives from the country during invasion of 2003.
- Vampire-slaying kit bought by Royal Amouries.
- Islamic militants destroy tombs of Timbuktu.
- Talk about antique china: Chinese discovery pushes back date of first pottery 3000 years, to around 18,000BCE.
- And barely 20,000 years later, China aims for a bigger space exploration program. Ain’t humans grand?
- What happens to consciousness when we die? Skeptic Michael Shermer will tell you.
- Is this the greatest obituary ever written?
- If Saturday felt like it dragged, that’s probably because it had an extra second in it.
- Image of the Day: An alien vista, taken by a robot driving around Mars. Take a moment to contemplate that.
Quote of the Day:
Free your mind… and your ass will follow.