Ten books for just $20? Sounds like a bargain (if I do say so myself)…
- Richard Dawkins should try magic mushrooms.
- Sound waves sculpted the early Universe.
- How to build a Dyson Sphere in five (relatively) easy steps.
- Faster-than-light professor resigns.
- U.S. warships to carry laser guns by 2016.
- The Titanic, after 100 years at the bottom of the ocean.
- In the forgery trial over the ‘James Ossuary’, science loses out to zealots defending a creed.
- The imaginary monsters of U.S. cities.
- Through a fractured glass, darkly: the facts in the strange case of Whitley Strieber.
- Current world population of 1.3 billion cattle traced back to herd of 80 in 8500 BCE.
- Pesticides to blame for honey bee die-off?
- Is sugar toxic?
- You know the saying about how you’re more likely to get struck by lightning than win the lottery? Yeah.
- Image(s) of the Day: Under a microscope, the smallest animals on Earth become beautiful nightmare fuel.
Quote of the Day:
I am attacked by two very opposite sects – the scientists and the know-nothings. Both laugh at me – calling me “the frogs’ dancing-master.” Yet I know that I have discovered one of the greatest forces in nature.