Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying, in the yellow haze of the sun…
- Movie director James Cameron becomes first solo explorer to dive to the deepest point on Earth’s surface: the Mariana trench, 35,756 feet below sea level. And immediately tweets it. He has better mobile reception down there than I do in Brisbane…
- Mystery cloud spotted on Mars, puzzles astronomers. Chances of anything…
- Giant ‘UFO fragment‘ falls from the sky in Siberia.
- How to find alien starships. Look for missing fragments?
- New UFO video from plane shows UFO overtaking it.
- Were the Chilean UFOs just natural wildlife?
- In the 1960s, physicist James McDonald asserted that UFOs are real.
- Hippies head to French mountain for alien lifeboats from the impending Mayan apocalypse.
- Atheists, secularists and humanists head to Washington, D.C. for the Reason Rally.
- Happy 100th birthday to Nazi scientist and Apollo space program architect Wernher von Braun. He aimed for the stars (but sometimes he hit London)…
- Let these waters pour back to the ocean: rethinking the psi debate.
- James Randi says magicians are a scientist’s best friend. Just not these particular magicians, we might presume…
- $20,000 and Timothy Leary’s floatation tank is yours.
- Split-brain patients have been a boon to brain research…but are a limited resource which will run out soon.
- Baffling illness strikes Africa, turns children into mindless zombies. Here in the West, we call that ‘television’.
- Birdman admits it was all a hoax.
- Will we ever talk to the animals? Given the history of our interaction with them, *that* is going to be one awkward conversation…
- Lovecraft: the man who haunted horror fans.
- Image of the day: Ocean currents turn Earth into a Van Gogh painting.
Thanks Jack and RPJ.
Quote of the Day:
Men do not sufficiently realise that their future is in their own hands…theirs is the responsibility, then, for deciding if they want merely to live, or intend to make just the extra effort required for fulfilling, even on their refractory planet, the essential function of the universe, which is a machine for the making of gods.