- Unverified results: the history of scientific research into ESP. Not a mention of the Ganzfeld…yeah, that’s a quality “history” right there.
- Psi wars.
- Bonobos send out a search-and-rescue party after one of their own becomes trapped in a snare.
- Individual ecstasies: a conference devoted to revelatory visionary experiences.
- LSD helps alcoholics to give up drinking.
- Researchers capture first-ever image of atoms moving in a molecule.
- SETI and self-reproducing probes.
- Asteroid 2011 AG5: a football-stadium-sized rock that we need to keep a close eye on…
- Venus Express takes a hit from the solar storm, goes star-blind.
- Voyage to the bottom of the sea.
- “Sometimes life is shit and that’s all there is to it.” Best marketing campaign for atheism ever.
- When worlds collide: Deepak Chopra brings together Sages and Scientists at his annual conference.
- ‘Psychic Sally’ responds to recent Edinburgh allegations.
- Physician encounters spirit communication, becomes a medium.
- James Randi gets his own opinion column at Wired.
- Legendary French concept artist Jean Giraud, aka Moebius, has passed away.
- Christian card counters challenge casinos.
- New video of 1986 Challenger disaster uncovered.
- Image of the Day: the sunspots that sent a major space storm in our direction.
Quote of the Day:
Your head’s like mine, like all our heads; big enough to contain every god and devil there ever was, big enough to hold the weight of oceans and the turning stars. Whole universes fit in there! But what do we choose to keep in this miraculous cabinet? Little broken things, sad trinkets that we play with over and over.
Tom O’Bedlam (The Invisibles)