You reached for the secret too soon…
- Mystery of Britain’s largest meteorite solved: found by an archaeologist 200 years ago at a Druidic burial site near Stonehenge. As if there weren’t enough mysteries about rocks in that region…
- Mystery of Venus: the planet appears to be slowing down significantly.
- How your cat is making you crazy: by giving you a single-celled mind parasite.
- Do aliens go invisible by going green?
- Psychics don’t help police with their investigations. Or do they?
- Astrologers and other inhabitants of parallel universes.
- Lost treasures: the Loch Ness monster that got away.
- How plants warn each other of impending danger.
- ‘Spooky’ photographer Simon Marsden has passed away.
- FAA projects that 30,000 drones could be in America’s skies by 2020, dutifully watching over its loyal citizens.
- Paper droids: origami robots powered by air.
- Robotic beast of burden will lighten soldiers’ loads.
- Camouflage city: hiding air bases and factories beneath pretend towns during World War II.
- The lies of Fatima.
- Whatever happened to interstellar travel in science fiction?
- Alzheimer’s plaques in brains of mice rapidly cleared by cancer drug.
- America and Asia will collide in 50 million years, creating super-continent Amasia. I can see the tourism commercials now, “Amasia will amaze ya!”.
- Will television of the future help confirm your biases? Perceptive media will personalise your viewing.
- UK denies Alan Turing a posthumous pardon for his homosexuality conviction. How about in return Turing gets to rewrite history, taking back computers and his World War II code-breaking efforts?
- New theory explaining cave paintings makes a lot of sense.
- Image(s) of the Day: the 20 most beautiful bookstores in the world.
Quote of the Day:
The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.