Ladies and gentlemen: the sixth instalment of our anthology series covering hidden history, fringe science and general Forteana, Darklore Volume VI, is now available for sale. You can pick up your copy from any number of online retailers through a simple search. But here’s the links to Amazon:
Darklore VI Paperback
Darklore VI Limited Edition Hardcover
Above is the totally awesome cover (conceived by myself, and perfectly executed by Mark Foster), and below is a listing of what you’ll find within:
- Cat Vincent examines the birth of a modern monster meme: The Slenderman.
- Mark Foster unlocks the mystery of the ‘Trial Passages’ beside the Giza pyramids.
- Robert Schoch evaluates the chances of our Sun wiping out modern civilisation.
- Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince lift the veil on the esoteric foundations of The Royal Society.
- Neil Arnold goes in search of sewer monsters.
- Mitch Horowitz points out America’s mystical history.
- Nigel Watson shares a case of ‘alien contact’ that he investigated.
- John Reppion sheds some light on Liverpool’s forgotten megalithic history.
- Martin Shough looks into the strange case of ‘double suns’.
- Blair MacKenzie Blake discusses the mystery man of 20th century alchemy, Fulcanelli.
- Greg Taylor points out the astronomical archetype behind depictions of gods and kings in ancient cultures.
- Jack Hunter heads to the dark side of anthropology and finds the weirdness that doesn’t often get talked about in academic circles.
Thanks for everyone’s support of the Darklore series – it helps to fund this website, and also provides financial support for contributors so that they can continue researching and writing about the stranger side of life.
I’m sure y’all will enjoy this latest instalment in the series. For those of you who remain unconvinced, I’ll publish some sample articles at the Darklore website (and possibly here at TDG as well) in the coming week.
(Note: Leaving this up on the front page for a few days, regular daily updates can still be accessed via the ‘river of news page view.)