I need fresh blood…
- Can you be killed by a nightmare? Important story if you happen to live on Elm Street I’d imagine.
- Victorian ectoplasm-producing mediums: freaks or fakes?
- Science ain’t afraid of no ghosts. And, apparently, journalists ain’t afraid of fudging some details…
- Want to bust some ghosts? There’s an app for that…
- Intense laser will tear apart the fabric of space to look for extra dimensions. No stream crossing required.
- Death walks among us.
- The final words of Steve Jobs: “Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!”
- Your brain knows a lot more than you realise.
- Eleven things you didn’t know about how the world works. Though maybe your brain did, and just wasn’t sharing…
- Ayahuasca hallucinations seem real to the brain. And brain knows best, apparently?
- Daniel Pinchbeck, Graham Hancock and Russell Brand discuss everything from contemporary media to quantum physics and psychedelics (video).
- Apollo astronaut (and founder of the Institute of Noetic Sciences) Edgar Mitchell gives NASA back its ‘stolen’ camera. Hopefully in return NASA thanks him for ‘salvaging’ their unwanted camera.
- Hackers interfere with two U.S. government satellites.
- An alien code close to home: seeking ET beyond the radio silence.
- Cold fusion test a success?
- If a 1500-year-old tree falls in the forest, does anybody know what to do?
- Global warming skeptic studies the raw data, concludes that the planet is warming.
- Do gut bacteria control our desire to eat?
- Life on Earth bubbled out of a volcano in Greenland almost 4 billion years ago.
- Though even stars can concoct complex molecules.
- Mystery of bright spot on Uranus. The jokes write themselves…
- The Halloween myth of the ‘War of the Worlds’ panic.
- The great Moon hoax of 1835. Orson Welles was such a late-comer…
- Why are many magicians atheists?
- The greatest optical illusions ever.
- Yesterday’s religious mystics are today’s creators of sci-fi and fantasy.
- Myths Retold does Frankenstein (NSFW language).
- Image(s) of the Day: a ‘What Goes Bump in the Night‘ infographic, and a diabolical diagram of movie monsters.
- Bonus Image: Happy Halloween from the little Taylor ghouls (and boy).
Quote of the Day:
Penetrating so many secrets, we cease to believe in the unknowable. But there it sits, nevertheless, calmly licking its chops…