- New paper online from Dutch NDE researcher Pim van Lommel: “Near-death experiences: the experience of the self as real and not as an illusion“.
- What’s the harm? Simon Singh goes to a ‘Psychic Sally’ show, blogs his thoughts.
- What’s the harm in Roland Emmerich fictionalising Shakespeare’s identity in his new film?
- Don’t have a microscope? Never fear, you don’t need one when single-celled amoebas grow to 4 inches in diameter (!!).
- Mystery feet washed ashore in British Columbia identified as belonging to suicide bridge-jumpers.
- Moondust and replicators could be the key to a lunar base.
- Built with bones: The Empire of Death takes you to structures and sites around the world used to store human bones (Amazon US and UK).
- Ray Kurzweil counters Paul Allen’s criticism, and says the Singularity IS near. So there!
- Green air-travel future with a solar-powered dirigible?
- Highway shut after 20 million bees escape from overturned lorry. I choose to believe they all flew to one side of the truck on purpose…
- Seriously, I think the bees are making their move for freedom…shore up the honey supplies!
- Hyper-clusters of the Universe hint that something is behaving strangely.
- Image of the day: four moons hang out in Saturn’s rings (stop and ponder for a second: this is A PHOTO taken by a spacecraft orbiting Saturn!).
Thanks Nemo85 and Sparky.
Quote of the Day:
Immortality. I notice that as soon as writers broach this question they begin to quote. I hate quotation. Tell me what you know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson