- “There is nothing paranormal about near-death experiences” – article PDF now online for free download. You can read my initial commentary on the paper here.
- Are extraterrestrials hiding from Enrico Fermi?
- Found: sunken 1941 treasure ship with £155m of silver onboard. Perhaps some funds could go to the families of the 83 lost sailors…?
- An old maxim proved? A few million virtual monkeys on virtual typewriters are close to re-creating the works of Shakespeare. Wonder if I can hire them for my next book…
- Who needs virtual monkeys? An audience with Koko, the talking gorilla.
- An artist-eye-view of 9 stages of an acid trip.
- Cryptography via bacterial ink.
- Spontaneous human combustion, or spontaneous human stupidity?
- Sonar contact at Loch Ness?
- Psychic called in to help with case of missing woman.
- The babble of ‘psychics’ is a dangerous racket.
- Autonomous flying robots flock like birds. Okay, now I’m just waiting for some genius to add weaponry to them…
- If a de-orbiting 6 ton satellite could cause such a stir last week, what’s the plan for the eventual demise of the 430 ton International Space Station?
- Perhaps something like this?
- Are we about to enter a new era of cyber-terrorism?
- Is the universe expanding asymmetrically? Finally, a scientific excuse for my waistline.
- Those faster-than-light neutrinos: Four things to think about.
- The top ten books lost to time.
- BBC presenters left speechless as trader says the collapse is coming…and Goldman Sachs rules the world. (Update: or is it all an elaborate hoax?)
- Myths Retold gives good advice: Being a cow is not the best attack strategy (NSFW language).
- A butterfly tongue is a marvellous sight to behold.
- Image of the day: robot found on another planet!
Quote of the Day:
We are such stuff, as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.