- Here comes the Sun. Or, at least, a geomagnetic storm from the Sun.
- Is this the first evidence for the multiverse?
- Juno probe to Jupiter scheduled for launch today (15:34 GMT) on an Atlas V – watch the launch via NASA TV.
- Ten ways to search for intelligent extraterrestrial life.
- The Apollo astronauts who had their wings clipped for selling spaced merchandise.
- Pentagon’s lightning gun sold for scrap on eBay.
- Mutual UFO Network’s annual meeting: not for skeptics.
- Legendary pirate’s fleet found?
- Knights Templars getting a bad name as modern criminals affiliate themselves. Also: Counterjihadist Templar Terrorism?
- Rat uses poison-arrow plant to turn itself into a deadly meal.
- Is there a fourth domain of life?
- Ultimate hoarder: Internet pioneer seeks to archive every book ever printed in his bunker.
- J.J. Abrams wants to know how Lost should have ended.
- Darren Oronofsky heads to TV land with a tale of demonic possession.
- Colour video from Hiroshima that you weren’t supposed to see.
- Science embraces pigheadedness.
- Saudi Arabia to build world’s tallest building – and breach the 1km mark in height for the first time.
- Archaeologists use Microsoft Kinect for 3D scanning of digs.
- Seeing things on Mars: a history of Martian illusions.
- Giant flying island disappears.
- Image of the Day: Rings and moons and blackness, oh my.
Quote of the Day:
The border between the Real and the Unreal is not fixed, but just marks the last place where rival gangs of shamans fought each other to a standstill.
Robert Anton Wilson